Some of my favorites, as found in the article 25 Fascinating Love Facts:
- People are more likely to tilt their heads to the right when kissing instead of the left (65 percent of people go to the right!)
- The tradition of the diamond engagement ring comes from Archduke Maximillian of Austria who, in the 15th century, gave a diamond ring to his fiancée, Mary of Burgundy.
- Philadelphia International Airport finished as the No. 1 best airport for making a love connection, according to an online survey.
- A man’s beard grows fastest when he anticipates sex.
- When we get dumped, for a period of time we love the person who rejected us even more, says Dr. Helen Fisher of Rutgers University and author of Why We Love. The brain regions that lit up when we were in a happy union continue to be active.